Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 22 - A Picture of Something You Wish You Were Better At

Jym's violin

You can't say you want to get better at something you never tried before but let's just pretend that I did the first step. And no, I don't mean playing the violin exclusively--but it's one of my dreams to play one--it's music in general. Unlike some preparatory schools, the one I was in didn't really teach music as one of the subjects. If you wanted to learn, you have to be in the Drum and Bugle Corps. I once briefly played a tom-tom drum when our scouting unit did a short presentation for a DBC competition. Other than that, zilch.

I always say that some people are quite lucky to have had lessons. I was not as lucky. I never learned to fully understand notes on music sheets and often wondered how each finger combination equates to specific parts of the score.

Like some other things in my life, music remains among those that's hard to reach, either by laziness or by lack of resources. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. I like violin pd! hayyy
    ka relate ko ani: Like some other things in my life, music remains among those that's hard to reach, either by laziness or by lack of resources
    T__T

    ReplyDelete
  2. but you know how to play the piano... with a short skirt. *wink wink* hahahaha

    ReplyDelete