Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 02 - A Picture of You and the Person You have been Closest with the Longest.

The person I have been with the longest is undeniably my sister: twenty-two years and counting. As she most often points out, she's the "more mature" one. yeah right. hahaha

For as long as I can remember, we always did things together even though we have almost opposite personalities. As the picture shows, she's the black, I'm the white; I'm the pacifist that would walk out of a conversation rather than argue about it, and she's the one who'd punch anyone who gets in her way --with the right reason, of course.

She is the leader, I am the adviser.

During the her last year in high school, she was in charge of the whole Boy/Girl Scouting unit in our school. She was the very first female to achieve that rank and although she hides that fact saying that she was just placed there just "for the sake" of having someone in control, all of us know that she deserved it. It was during a certain day during her reign(haha) that I went for a visit (I was in my second year of college) and she was having her weekly meeting with the other officers. Of course, as an alumnus of the scouting unit myself, I am entitled to my own obsevations of their activities that day. I quietly list them down and discussed it with my sister. During the meeting, I had her tell them my views (because I'm such a coward TT_TT). One officer pointed out as a joke that I was my sister's Grima Wormtongue. hahahaha

We graduated from college on the very same day last year. She has a job, I still don't. She earns the moolah and spends it on materials for our costumes and props --more recently, BRS-related Figmas-- and I, in turn, makes the said costume and props. It's a win-win situation, don't you think?

Some people often say that we act more like friends than sisters. For me, the two words hold the same meaning.

3 comments: