Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 05 - A Picture of A Favorite Memory



This picture was taken in my third year of high school (2001 or 2002). This was my very first camping trip with the scouting unit and, at the same time, the first time I purposely disobeyed our father and even dragged my sister into it.

There was a lot of drama going on at our house when our father decided to revoke his permission of us going on this trip. My sister and I have been looking forward to this trip so we were quite distraught when the big NO was relayed through phone--our father was then working in Taiwan.

My hardheadedness kicked in and gave my sister her choice, "do you or do you not want to go?" She did and we proceeded packing our stuff with our mother's support. It's not like our father will fly back here just to stop us. He won't be back for a couple more months so he can give his sermon by then.

It was a two days, one night camp. We had a big campfire that night, parents visited us and someone donated burgers and canned sodas.

We stayed up the whole night chatting.

It was fun. It was worth it.

2 comments: