Thursday, April 7, 2011

Six-plus Inches of My Hair Just Went Bye-bye

I stopped cutting my hair 6+(coincidence?) years ago. By 'hair' I mean the general length of it. I still cut the ones that fall in front of my face for those I-want-bangs moments. I even sometimes cut those at the side of my face that people would assume that I have short hair--until they see my back. hahahaha

It was only about three years ago that I discovered the magic of using conditioners. So by that time, my hair was not looking good. It has split ends.  *gasp*

I'm now looking around for files showing the actual length of my hair but I can't seem to find one. It's one of the drawbacks of being the one usually behind the camera. -_-

So~ I'm borrowing a picture that was taken by my friend Karissa back in 2008.

Obviously, if you have anything unusual in your person, people tend to stare. I've had my share plus a couple of pulls(to see if it's not a wig), murmured comments and some actually ask us(me and my sister) head on.

The comments I can take but I don't like the hair-pulling thing. Ever heard about personal space? Duh.

One time, I was with my sister at a mall(I think) and we were looking at some stuff when we passed by a little girl. My hair was in a single braid then. The girl pulled on her grandma's hand and "whispered", 'look grandma. Rapunzel.'

Yeah, the old Rapunzel association. It's cute. :)

The oddest hair-related question thrown at me is, "what do you do with it when you go to the restroom?"

'What do you think?' is what I so want to answer back. I mean, come on people, use your common sense. Sheeesssh

The most common question is, "is it real?" If people have seen an actual wig, they'd know mine is real. My hair's not so shiny and it's often messy.

I dedicate this entry to the oldest part of my hair that's now with the biodegradable trash. I'll always remember you as the one I had the Yuna-ish hairstyle with. :)

2 comments:

  1. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! I love this post girl hahahaha lingaw kau ko!
    nagpaputol najd diay ka, pero taas ghapun hehehe
    hello Rapunzel! :D watch nya ug Tangled, if wa pka kita :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. kita na kog tangled. hahaha. it was so funny. especially Maximus and the frying pans. :))

    ReplyDelete